CVM Gator Nation is Everywhere
Student for 4 years, #UFDVM4LIFE
Welcome to the Vet Med Alumni Association, Class of 2018!
During the college’s 42 year history, our 3000+ DVM graduates have spread world-wide. Connect with other Gator Vet alumni on LinkedIn
Looking for veterinary career positions? Try the UF Career Services Center job postings Click here!
If you are interested in advertising your career opportunity via our email announcement, kindly email information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVM Gators in the News
- Congratulations to Dr. Brooke Wells Certa, ’08, who was named a Regional Medical Director with Southern Veterinary Partners.Dr. Certa will provide guidance to hospitals in Florida, North Carolina & Texas. A graduate of University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, she lives in Tampa with her husband, Dr. Mike Certa, ’08, and two children. Outside of work she enjoys the beach and cheering on the Florida Gators!
- “I am happy and having fun as a practice owner/manager in my Avian & Exotic Clinic. I also manage our other Small Animal Veterinary Clinics and I enjoy that too (we sold our first one this year and we are building our second one presently and relocating the Avian & Exotic Clinic next door). My husband Scott is a veterinarian as well and both of our sons (16yr and 18yr) enrolled in the FVMA Veterinary Assistant High School Program that my husband and I lecture in. Our oldest son was recently accepted directly out of the FVMA high school program into the Early Entrance Program at Mississippi State University’s CVM, which is my husband’s Alma Mater. At the Avian & Exotic Clinic of Palm City, I love my job, because I see predominately birds of all sizes in addition to all kinds of smaller exotic pets. My husband and I also care for 100’s of big exotic cats (tigers, lions, leopards, cougars, etc) and numerous larger exotics in private collections and zoos. Our entire family also volunteers our time to spay and neuter stray cats and dogs in the Bahamas and then we dive there with our sons. The boys’ also deep sea fish state side and abroad. I am still teaching in the Avian Medicine & Surgery Course for the Wildlife Department at UF CVM (wow it’s been 22 years) and writing and attending Avian and Exotic conferences. All in all, I am very very happy THANKS TO UF CVM!!!” Dr. April Romagnano, ‘92
- Congratulations to McGregor Blvd Veterinary Hospital who was named the “2017 Veterinary Economics Hospital Design Competition General Practice Hospital of the Year” by DVM360! Dr. Lura Jones, ’97, and her architect husband Matt Horton, designed the new hospital to “Let the Sunshine in.” Read more: http://veterinaryhospitaldesign.dvm360.com/2017-general-practice-hospital-year-let-sunshine
- Karen Taylor-Sorenson, ’88, was selected to participate in Mission Rabies in May 2017. She traveled to Malawi to vaccinate dogs against rabies. According to Karen, “Rabies is endemic in certain areas of Africa: Malawi, Tanzania, and Zomba as well as Goa India, and Sri Lanka. Mission Rabies, a UK based organization, was the group that I was involved with. I was sponsored by a Veterinary publishing company, Brief Media to travel to Malawi and vaccinate dogs for two weeks. I was selected from 500 applicants for this position. We vaccinated 35,000 dogs during our two week visit ( combined with another group that went in April for two weeks). This is Mission Rabies third year in Malawi. This project has drastically reduced the incidence of human rabies, with no human deaths since their second year of vaccinating dogs. I was proud to represent the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine on this endeavor.” See https://www.facebook.com/MissionRabies/ Way to go Karen!
– Send us your news updates!
We want to hear from you! Have you moved? Recently married? Started a new job? Help us stay connected with you by updating your contact info here:
We will update your UF records so you will receive alumni news and printed publications.