The Distinguished Awards program was established in 2000 as a way to recognize outstanding alumni, faculty and friends of the college. Since that time, over 40 people have attained the honor of Distinguished Award recipients.
The awards range from Alumni Achievement, Distinguished Service, and Special Service awards. Recently added, is an alumni achievement award for a MS/PHD graduate. The Outstanding Young Alumni Award, is in conjunction with the UF Alumni Association to recognize alumni who have been out of college 10 or less years.
Each recipient receives a Gentle Doctor statuette during the current commencement ceremony, along with his or her name on the Distinguished Awards plaque, and recognition in college publications.
The nomination period runs through November 15 of each year. Printable forms are available here: Award Nomination Form 2016
Honorary Members of the UF CVM Alumni Association
The UF CVM Alumni Council recently bestowed Honorary Memberships to the following:
- Dr. Stephen A. Shores, of Shores Animal Hospital in Gainesville. This award was presented to him at the FVMA Executive Board meeting Oct 29, 2015 in Boca Raton at the Gulf Atlantic Veterinary Conference. Dr. Shores passed away in April 2016.
- Dr. Ernie Godfrey, presented with UF CVM Honorary membership at FVMA Board meeting July 2016.
- Dr. Richard Carpenter, presented with UF CVM Honorary membership at FVMA Board meeting July 2016.
- Dr. Larry Dee, presented with UF CVM Honorary membership at Dean’s Circle of Excellence Luncheon during FVMA 2017.
- Dr, Ellis Greiner, presented with UF CVM Honorary membership at retired faculty meeting May 2017.
Congratulations to our long-standing support from the veterinary community.
Richard Z. Kane, ’84, received the UF Distinguished Alumnus Award UF Commencement Ceremony on December 17, 2016. Congratulations Dr. Kane!