The CVM Alumni Council meets twice a year to discuss current status of the College of Veterinary Medicine as well as issues in the field of veterinary medicine.
The dean and department chairs (or their representatives) provide department reports for the meetings, and development topics and opportunities are also discussed.
The council meeting is an opportunity for the college to share our most pressing concerns and recent changes as well as a time for our class representative to bring issues for discussion and give us feedback concerning the college, alumni, and veterinary medicine issues.
Dr. Dr. Chris Sanchez, ’95, is the Alumni Council Chair and is the Chair-elect is Dr. Moody McCall, ’86. Dr. Julia Conway, ’06 is the past chair. These officers were installed during the April 2014 meeting. The class of 2014 alumni council reps are Drs. Lauren Goode and Kristen Stiltner.
Class representatives are looked upon as the spokesperson(s) for their class on the council as well as coordinators for reunion planning. Alumni Council Reps 7-2014
If you are interested in serving as a class representative on the Alumni Council, please contact Jo Ann Winn at 352-294-4240.
For more information about the alumni council, please reference constitution and by-laws.
Next meeting is scheduled for:
Saturday, October 18, 2014, at 2 PM in the Equine Auditorium on Shealy Drive. The UF and CVM Alumni Homecoming Celebration is following the meeting at 2142 Shealy Drive, across from the Large Animal Hospital.
If you would like to join the meeting real time:
- Go to http://ufcvm.adobeconnect.com/alumnicouncil/
- Click “Enter as guest”
- You will then be connected to the meeting. This allows sharing of our computer screen, video of the speaker, a chat room, and list of attendees. You can choose to make the video box full screen if so desired.
- If you would like us to see you/hear you, your webcam/headset must be connected prior to entering the meeting room
- To activate your microphone, select the microphone icon on the top bar, then click on “connect my audio”
- To activate your webcam, select the camera icon, then click on “connect my webcam”
- If you just want to watch and listen, don’t worry about the above two steps
- If you don’t have a headset or webcam and want to ask a question, use the text chat box at the bottom right. I will see that box and get your question answered! You can also use this box to ask me any technical questions.
If you would like to view the recording after the fact, just go the website listed in #1 above – a link to the meeting recording will be live by the day following the meeting (probably Monday).
Spring Meeting April 12, 2014
Fall Meeting November 9, 2013
Spring Meeting April 13, 2013
Fall Meeting – November, 10, 2012