CVM Gator Nation is Everywhere
During the college’s 40 year history, our 3000+ DVM graduates have spread world-wide. From the United States, to Europe, Africa, Central America, China, and Australia, the CVM Gator Nation IS Everywhere. Connect with other Gator Vet alumni on Linked-IN
A senior tradition at UF CVM is to place your name flag on the city where you are going. So many are staying in Florida, we had to make a bigger state!
- 115 new grads
- 42 staying in Florida, 1 to Africa, 1 Canada
- 39 pursuing internship programs
- 2 pursuing residency programs (poultry med)
- 2 commissioned to US Army Veterinary Corps
A list of where the Class of 2017 is going – 2017 Candidates for the Degree
Class of 2017 Commencement Ceremony video – coming soon!
Looking for veterinary career positions? Try the UF Career Resource Center job postings Click here!
It is with sad hearts that we share the passing of Dr. Lynn Peck, class of 1988, on May 30, 2017.
A go-fund-me site was established for Lynn: https://www.youcaring.com/drlynnpeck-834540
According to the site, “Anyone that has met Lynn knows her lifelong passion for helping animals and holistic veterinary care. She has dedicated her life to the care and treatment of our furry friends. She is a talented doctor and an incredible friend.”
The memorial service is planned for Thursday, June 1 at 11 AM at Campus Church of Christ, 2720 SW 2nd Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32607. The burial will be on Friday, June 2 at 11AM at Prairie Creek Conservation Cemetery, 7204 SE County Road 234, Gainesville, FL 32641. All are welcome to both.
The family asks that in lieu of flowers, well wishers please make a donation in Lynn’s name to Heifer International.
Cards and acknowledgements may be sent to her niece, Lisa Peck, at 99 Woodlawn St., Hamden, CT 06517 or to her brother, Gene Peck, at 4260 S. Harbor Blvd, #A309, Oxnard, CA 93035.
Read more in the Gainesville Sun
Keep Lynn’s family in your thoughts and prayers, Jo Ann Winn, Alumni Affairs Coordinator
CVM Gators in the News
- Congratulations to Dr. Anthony Pilny, ’01, who was featured recently in the New York Times Pet Week section, “The Doctor will see your Iguana now” https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/nyregion/exotic-animal-hospital.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=photo-spot-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0&mtrref=www.nytimes.com Way to Go!
- Congratulations to Dr. Hope Jankunas, ’08, for her “40 Under 40” award from her local Chamber of Commerce!
– send us your news updates!
We want to hear from you! Have you moved? Recently married? Gotten a new job? Help the college stay connected with you by updating your contact info.
Update your contact info: http://givingandalumni.vetmed.ufl.edu/alumni/info-update/form
We will have your UF records updated so you will receive future alumni news and printed publications.